Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Movie: The Hunt for Gollum


While I was poking around the internet, I stumbled across these posts over at Speculative Horizons, about an independent, non-profit film, "The Hunt for Gollum."

Intended fan-fic as a prequel to the LOTR movies, it was apparently made with a L3000 budget.

I won't give it a proper review, as it's not a commercial enterprise. It's an interesting bit of storytelling, acting and editing. If you're a fan of Tolkien's trilogy, I think you'll enjoy it.

Here, you can watch the trailers or watch the whole 40 minute flick.

I do have to offer kudos to the folks who put it together. Some nice ideas and clever edits made for a well produced piece, all things considered.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice production...on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'd say so, Luna. I suspect they borrowed some clips in a few spots. Still, was a lot of work for a 40 minute production.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really funny because I just stumbled across this on Saturday. I was watching all the extras from the Return of the King extended DvD which caused me to search more online. Nice timing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you gotta admire their dedication to go for this over two years and on such a small budget. Just watched the trailer and it looks quite impressive, I shall watch the whole thing tomorrow maybe.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, I haven't watched it yet, but I'll have to once finals are over. So close I can taste it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your finals, Bryce. Let me know what you think when you see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.